The outbreak of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has recently been characterized as a pandemic. In response to the new measures taken by the Dutch government we are carefully and continuously re-assessing all events and trips that we organise.
The Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), the Dutch Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and the World Health Organization (WHO) remain our leading sources of information. We do not take any risks when it comes to the health of participants and attendees of our trips and events. Hence, we have already taken proportionate measures. We will continue to update all parties involved via this webpage.
The guidelines Erasmus University Rotterdam adheres to, as well as the answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the EUR site.
Update 25 March, 16.30: STAR also had to take the decision to cancel the iCare trip to Morocco because of the uncertainty surrounding the developments with regards to the Coronavirus.
Update 19 March, 15.30: The Coronavirus situation in the Netherlands is changing quickly, and RSM has cancelled all live events until further notice. This means that we cannot host the RSM STAR Sustainability Forum on Wednesday 8 April in the Forumzaal of Erasmus University Rotterdam. The event is therefore CANCELLED.
Update 16 March, 13.30: Since our previous statement, a lot has changed. As a result of the press conference on Sunday 15 March, STAR will close down its office effective immediately. All our events up until and including Monday 6 April are cancelled. The STAR Board will, however, continue working from home. Hence, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.
Even though we, as students, would be less affected by the virus, we do have the responsibility to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19 to those who are more vulnerable. Therefore, we would also like to advice you to refrain from any unnecessary physical interaction until at least April 6 in order to contribute to the containment of the Coronavirus. I am confident that we as STAR community will continue to interact with and support each other, be it digitally. In the meantime, we will update you via our channels, including this page. Stay healthy, stay safe
Update 13 March, 17.15: With the growing concern resulting from the outbreak of the coronavirus and in response to the guidelines as provided by the RIVM and the Erasmus University Rotterdam, we have regretfully decided to cancel all study trips that were supposed to leave in March. As mentioned before, your health and well-being is of utmost importance to us. An overview can be found below. All participants have been informed by mail.
Next to this, the RSM STAR Case Competition 2020 will not take place on-campus. At the moment we are considering options, to allow this event to take place in a different setting.
Update 13 March, 11.34: After close consultation with PwC, STAR has decided to cancel the PwC Inhouse Day on 27 March.
Update 13 March 9.07: EUR has decided to cancel all lectures and exams until March 31st. As of now, the STAR office will remain open, however, we would like to point out that we can also be reached by phone or mail. Next to this, RSM and STAR have taken the decision to postpone the I WILL Award (originally scheduled for 19 March), until further notice.
Update 12 March 17.48: STAR is currently awaiting further statements by the Erasmus University. We do not take any risks when it comes to the health of participants and attendees of our trips and events. STAR has decided to cancel the following: MSC GBS: Unicef on Corporate Partnerships (on 18 March) and the MSC GBS – Extinction Rebellion about Climate Crisis (on 19 March) events.
Update 12 March 15.42: We are currently assessing the implications the recently issued measures by the Dutch government. We will update this page, when we know more about the implications on our events and trips.
Update 10 March 18.15: Unfortunately, STAR had to take the decision to cancel the BIM Tech Trip and the Finance & Investment Study Trip to Tel Aviv, Israel. Given recent developments, and the revised government travel advice, this decision was made. All participants have been contacted about alternate arrangements. Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Update 7 March 17.40: STAR is actively monitoring reports that Israel might deny travelers from the Netherlands upon entry, and the possible consequences for study trips to Tel Aviv.
Statement 5 March: As you all know, the outbreak of the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is currently a worldwide issue. We want to inform you that STAR is carefully and continuously monitoring the situation, for each of the international trips and events that we organise. We do not take any risks when it comes to the health of participants and hence have taken the decision to cancel the BA Study Trip to Seoul and Strategic Management Study Trip to Shanghai. In response to the international developments, more trips and events might have to be postponed or even canceled. We will continue to update all parties involved through our channels.